Friday, April 3, 2009

Rave...Cabo San Lucas









From sailing into the bay at dawn, with the moon still over the tip of Baja, to the formal evening on ship, the day was great. The day started early and on the cool side for Mexico...we boarded a small water taxi from the ship to the harbor, and then on a bus for our excursion to Todos Santos. We had a woman tour guide, who was a retired teacher...she was a kick! Full of info, and humor, which made our 75 min. bus ride enjoyable. Baja terrain is desert, with a mountain range down the middle. We drove up the western side of the peninsula, with a view of the Pacific on the west, and the mts. on the east.
Todos Santos is a charming town, with galleries and shops and a wonderful cultural center/museum. We had a gourmet Mexican lunch at the Hotel California...yes, the one that the Eagles sang about...and we got to meet the Canadian/French chef. Also met his wife at her gallery up the street. Again, we had a rushed visit, soooooo frustrating, but at least I got to travel through and visit a part of this great state that I hadn't been to before. This is definitely a place I am returning to in the future, BY CAR, and I am staying at the Hotel California, newly renovated and gorgeous!!!!!!!
So long from Mexico for now everyone........hope you enjoyed some of our rants and raves...........

5 comments:

  1. Well, love, you did it again and I'm enjoying your raves like I'm reading my diary only with your point of view and we mostly agree on all of it. This is one place I could come as a laid-back tourist and spend some time visiting Cabo as well. It holds promise for the future. We actually didn't spend any time here as we were anchored out in the bay but Chris and Gary have spent time in their time-share a short distance from Cabo. They liked it a lot so will see what the future brings :) Thanks again, dear heart , for the lovely journey that will live on in my memory as long as I have one!!!?? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just warms my heart that you two got to take a trip like this together. Reminds of when Mom came to NYC and stayed with me ... I will treasure those memories forever!

    I'm gonna look for pix of the Hotel California online now...you piqued my curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd, you did well by her as she got to do all of the things her heart desired and you certainly inherited her love of art, music, and just being creative. She was an amazingly talented woman and I miss our times of laughing over nothing more ordinary than walking with one foot on the curb and the other on the street. I probably shouldn't mention that as it says something of our mentality?? Love, Aunt Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like an intruder, Chris, on your family convo here.

    Just wanted to check in and tell you:

    Great pix, yet again.

    Great stories.

    Hope you are doing well.

    Cheers!

    Hehe. Verification word: braggin.

    ReplyDelete