Well...after I watched Obama last night, talking about how he thinks we should reform health care, I just cried! It was such a let down. Except for a possible 'public' plan added to the mix, which looks like welfare/medical in a different package, we are still in the same boat! Don't know how many of you watched the ABC program last night, but I thought it was horrendous! Of course it showed the realities of what we are facing...the complexities, differences in ideology, costs...blah, blah blah! There were no significant stories that mattered, and nothing that would show what we need to bring REAL change into people's lives....but instead, there were stories from the AMA, an insurance company CEO, and business owners?? Hello?! It was all about what insurance plan you can choose? According to the plan, we'll have LOTS of insurance plans to choose from...just what we need...more insurance plans to choose from.............. We'll see if premium costs go down, and if abusive practices are stopped....don't hold your breath.
There was only one person, who very eloquently introduced the choice of a universal plan, and told of other countries who successfully made it work, only to be told by the President that it wouldn't work because we have had an employer based system for so long that it would be too disruptive....that's when I lost it! If most businesses were told they were relieved of paying health care for their employees and could put a percentage of the money they spent into the government system in the form of taxes, would they not jump at it? There are other ways to put money into a universal, simple, workable, high quality plan for everyone...other's are doing it, and I don't want to hear the excuses.......
Forgive me, but for now, until the Congress can make this ridiculous looking plan even close to workable, I feel screwed.........
I did not see it, but I will try to find the program. I hope people get riled up and demand more.
ReplyDeleteChris, I didn't see it either and wasn't aware it was on! Darn! Well, if it was like you said, I'm really disappointed to see our President join the ranks of "could have been great" in terms on not capitulating to the powers that be and actually confronting the abuses of insurance co., pharmacueticals, AMA, oil co., etc. I wonder if it will be re-broadcast at some other place? Good comments, tho. Mom
ReplyDeleteYOu may still be able to get it on the ABC site...I think it was called "Perscription for America". I still love our President, but he's just wrong on what America needs as far as health care...I'm not sure what's behind that, or if he's just trying to be too diplomatic!!
ReplyDeleteTo add to the story, Gary is going to have to change Dr.s now that he is medicare....or pay $152 for his annual office visit...the Drs in this area don't get reimbursed very much for mc patients, because we are considered 'rural' here in Monterey County...of course the cost of living in this area, which includes Carmel, and Pebble Beach, is far above average even for the cities!! Sam Farr is trying to get legislation done to up the reimbursements...but until then, well, screwed again! It just keeps getting better?
I missed it too. I did finally catch Sicko and that depressed me a bit more about our health care system.
ReplyDeleteTried to put off seeing Sicko, but finally did....glad I decided to watch it though...learned a lot..........
ReplyDeleteAs long as there are that small number of "Democrat Lights" in the house..I don't see much change.
ReplyDeleteNot until people in every state rebel
anyway...
No President can do it by their self..