I couldn't resist posting the Maureen Dowd article today ( see below )......it was what we were all thinking!! Right? But now, after the speech tonight? That's the guy I voted for!!!!! He pulled it off, said it like it is, called the right on their shenanigans and I was so relieved!!
I did NOT want to be wrong....I did NOT want to be disappointed....I did NOT want to feel like hope had once more
flown out of the window....I did NOT want to hear anyone say I told you so!
Thank you Mr. President for standing up for the American people, standing up for what is right, and especially for standing up against the abominable practices of the insurance industry, and the mean spiritedness of your fellow law makers.....but with a sense of dignity and respect that they have not shown to you.
Here here! I almost cried last night... in a good way!
ReplyDeleteI was torn between watching it or not. I watched and I was *so* glad I did.
ReplyDeleteThat was the man we all voted for... let's see those selfish members of Congress to go back to their constituents and say: "I'm not going to support him... he's un-American."
What-ev.
OH, I DID cry!!!! I especially loved it when he specifically called out the lawmakers that were holding things up on purpose because they didn't want reform at any cost...to actually admonish them in front of the Congress and all of America, was priceless...they all sat there looking really pinched!!!! I've been wanting him to do that all summer!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMe too, Chris! He laid it out and actually said he'll call'em out! Wow! He got mad on our behalf and it showed that he wants to get this done and done right!
ReplyDeletePlease, don't be naive, Obama's best idea is to enrich insurance companies even more by forcing poor people to pony up more profits.
ReplyDeleteIf Obama had any ethics or balls, he'd expand medicare for everyone that wants it.
Sad that you don't engage even rudimentary critical thinking skills.
Oh, nice to see that you back the current miliary dictatorship in Honduras.
Smart Lady! Typical US liberal--a sucker for corporate tyranny.
God save the world from more deluded 'humantitarians' like you and Obama. (
(The man's a total failure with respect to 'democracy'. He is opening help supress Haiti's dominant political party that has the backing of the majority poor of that horrendous experiment in US approved 'democratic capitalism')
Well, your last commentator may be good at rhetoric but he sure as hell is a poor speller!! Must have been brain-washed by Rush!
ReplyDeleteAnon....I'm immune to it by now, after all of the crazies this summer....I know my heart, and I know it's in the right place, and supporting the right causes...when you support your fellow man, and not money, and those who are getting paid to say what they do, you can feel good about yourself! doesn't know shit about Honduras either!
ReplyDeleteDan, typical of conservatives now-a-days you lack the ability to discuss anything without being nasty and name calling. You don't even have common everyday courtesy or manners. It is no wonder you have no empathy, compassion or respect for others.
ReplyDeleteI do think that many supporters of Obama need to have a little patience and realize they may not get everything they want on the first go around.
ReplyDeleteEven Ted Kennedy regretted not going along with Richard Nixon's plan.
If he and the other Democrats( me included) had looked down the road, we wouldn't even be having this discussion now.
HI jackie and gigi!.......thanks for your input...think the troll came from my Honduras connections!
ReplyDelete