You know how one morning you wake up and it just feels and smells and looks like fall?????? That's the way this last week has been. Some of you know fall is my favorite time of year, and I'm sooooo glad it's back!! I was trying really hard to wait until it was official, but I must admit that I couldn't stand it anymore, and put fall flowers in the pots outside my kitchen window this last weekend!! Of course, the confusing thing about fall here on the Monterey Peninsula, is that it's also the time we get the summer weather that you all have had for three months! Weird, I know.......but I'm just going to enjoy it all.....the colors, the smells, the food, the excitement leading up to the holidays......there may even be a post or two in me on the subject....
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Rave.....Fall's back!!!
You know how one morning you wake up and it just feels and smells and looks like fall?????? That's the way this last week has been. Some of you know fall is my favorite time of year, and I'm sooooo glad it's back!! I was trying really hard to wait until it was official, but I must admit that I couldn't stand it anymore, and put fall flowers in the pots outside my kitchen window this last weekend!! Of course, the confusing thing about fall here on the Monterey Peninsula, is that it's also the time we get the summer weather that you all have had for three months! Weird, I know.......but I'm just going to enjoy it all.....the colors, the smells, the food, the excitement leading up to the holidays......there may even be a post or two in me on the subject....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pretty flowers, Chris! I just saw my first chrysanthemums here outside a flower store today, but it is still 90-ish during the day. Nights are in the 50's though.
ReplyDeleteMy mums are blooming and you're right, it's time for fall and we are supposed to have our first rain tomorrow!! Yah. Mom
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately it also brings all kinds of pollen and my Allergies have caused me another problem
ReplyDeleteBut I do love the cool weather.
I miss the fall season the most being here in Honduras...more than anything else! Seeing mums in a terra cotta pot helps, though!
ReplyDeleteand guess what Todd? it's your Dad's pot.....I always keep it right outside my kitchen window, where I can see it everyday!
ReplyDeleteI love the fall. It's when my concord grapes are ready for picking and the time when the bees, mosquitos and the 90 degree weather goes away!
ReplyDeleteNice Fall post Chris. Here in Chicago, it like a beautiful summer just started. Temps in the higher 70's and low 80's and just gorgeous. So we still are waiting for fall. You make it sound so inviting. If only it wasn't followed by a Chicago yucky winter.
ReplyDeleteNope, I'm only going to think of autumn via Chris. So there.
Well Jackie, our early fall is like a mild summer too, and some of our nicest of the year....we are enjoying the same temps! Oh how I love Chicago....wish I could be there when it was like that!!!!!!
ReplyDeletePretty nice site you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
Jeph Normic