I'm writing my Senators as I'm watching the bad news about a possible drop of the public option...if the Senate, including my Democratic Senators, turn their backs on the public option, I'm done with them at election time, and have told them so.......done with the prez, if this might reach his desk and he doesn't veto it!
Lowering the age for Medicare would be good for me personally, as I'm paying through the nose.......but what about our kids, grandkids, friends and family who aren't covered unless a public option is available? I'm so fucking pissed right now!
I'm hoping that you all out there are equally upset about this turn of events, and are writing to your own Senators and letting them know that they are on the line if they go against what the American people want and need!!!!!
The rest of the world is laughing at us right now.......they know our government has been kneeling and kissing the feet of our corporate health care industry, taking their bribes, and putting ideology and money before ethics/morality. They know we aren't living what we are preaching, if we can't even show compassion for our own fellow Americans.
Where are we going as a people? What do we believe? How do we feel about our fellow man? What do we want to accomplish for our country and for the world?
Guess we have to show it, live it and THEN pass it on.......and not before.................
OMG YES! I am on it even though my senators are for a public option. They better not pass it just to get something passed. What is wrong with people? And yes it's embarrasing that America is so...goofy.
ReplyDeleteI am puzzled by the lack of courage in DC on many issues, including public health care. I am continually surprised at the prices we pay for drugs and OTC meds as compared to their costs in Mexico or Honduras. I routinely buy my prescriptions in H for that reason. We have to reform health care or we will lose out. It's coming but I don't know if Obama is the politician that can swing it right now.
ReplyDeleteLaurie...I guess the way he can show it, is to keep vetoing it until they get it right!!! I guess we'll see!
ReplyDeleteTom....thanks for stopping by my humble blog. I so hope you are wrong about this, but I am losing faith in my species about now, and I feel helpless to do anything but continue to write letters. I don't know if getting thrown a bone will work in this case, except to show that we may have to go to single payer or universal health care at some point down the road because all of this other nonsense is just too complicated!
ReplyDeleteIt's a nice site you have here, Chris!
ReplyDeleteThis country won't progress an inch until it takes a decided turn to the left. It might take a decade or more for the public to figure this out. And for Dick Cheney to imply (as he did the other night on Sean Hannity's moronic program) that Barack Obama is a radical lefty is the silliest thing I have heard in what has proved to be a quite silly week.
Cheers!
Tom Degan
I find all the names attributed to Obama quite amusing!! And some of these weirdos have no idea of the political ideology behind nazi, fascist, communist, etc...so hilarious when they try to use them, and even in the same sentence and for the same person....clueless, and yes, silly....too bad some of them are actually our lawmakers.......
ReplyDeleteI know I might be in the minority here, but if they don't pass some kind of bill to begin the changes needed, nothing will be done in our kids life times.
ReplyDeleteIt is probable that the Democrats will lose their majority next year leaving Obama with Republicans in charge,
we know what will happen then.
Ted Kennedy said he always regretted that he didn't go along with the Health plan that Nixon wanted, because they could have built on that.
( Read his book)
Just as they can build on any plan now.
I trust my Senators Klobuchar and Franken
Our Governor Tim Pawlenty is touring the country and we all know why.
This man has cut health care in our state so badly that thousands of people are being kicked off of public assistance.
These are chronically ill and mentally ill people that will soon be living on the streets.
He is doijng this to avoid a tax increase, he doesn't care about thee people. only his own ambition.
Tim Pawlenty is a Moderate compared to the other candidates the Republicans are offering us.
So before any of you wash your hands of Obama and your Democratic Senators ..think long and hard.
Thats my rant Chris :D
I'll keep working at changing others' minds - we have to have national health care. Period.
ReplyDeleteGiGi....I agree with you, and I think I said we may have to go one step at a time, so did Tom, and I'm hoping that it will make people see that it's not enough, and the debate will have to keep going toward single payer or universal on down the road....there are just so many who will be left behind, and that makes me sad....Mari said it best!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am on board for national health, but we have to find a way to pay for it.
ReplyDeleteThey have to quit playing gotcha games in Washington.
Yes this mess is Bushes and the Republicans, but Obama wanted this job knowing what a mess he was getting and it is time to end these wars and concentrate on our countries recovery!
I'm with you on the war thing!!! We could pay for a LOT of stuff with that cash!!
ReplyDeleteProblem is, the complicated health care system that is going to be put into place is probably going to be more expensive than a universal system!!! Look at the VA....works like a charm....my Dad loves it!
I'm enjoying Liberman step all over his dick by going against his own word in regards to Medicare coverage. Idiot.
ReplyDeleteWell, when people like you take the side of the rich and US imperialism, and then expect that imperialism/capitalism will do anything to help little people like yourselve, you are being delusional.
ReplyDeleteJust as the Honduras rich suck the life-blood out of the lower classes, they empire does it to you. Yeah, bought the hope dope from a weak corporate ass kisser like Obama, then you sit on your hands as he screws you in favor of the rich.
Yeah, go on hating left leaders in the Americas, and go on supporting the US murder machine.
Y0u deserve being squashed like a bug. Really.
We are living in a Narcissistic Culture. Its been that way since the late 60s and has been just getting worse and worse. It will take generations to undue the damage, and that will only happen if a lot of people make it happen by raising their kids with better ethics, and a notion of that Citizenship is more than "What have you done for *ME lately; and btw Screw everyone else its all about Me Me Me!"
ReplyDeleteReligion cannot fix this. Politics cannot fix this. Only individual people choosing to live an examined life can even begin to repair this.