Saturday, May 22, 2010

Rants and Raves for the Month of May!

Well, it's been a while my friends......writing has gone by the wayside, and in it's place have been multiple real life distractions. Having my daughter and grandgirls living with us has kept us busy with all of the usual things it takes to run a household of 5, and keep 2 little ones happy, educated, stimulated, healthy, etc.
One thing I've noticed on many blogs that we all follow, is that there has been a similar lull. We have had a lot of things going on in our personal lives, politics is in an unprecedented shambles, oil is spouting in the Gulf, with no relief in sight, and some of our fellow Americans are going unsane! If you are like me, when I'm overwhelmed, I'm silent...not unaffected, just silent. What little writing I've done latey has been confined to a few fast comments, and postings on my Facebook. So, here's my best attempt at my latest rants and raves....

Rant...BP, et al, will hopefully be hung up by some part of their bodies that are really painful, or at least have to pay a LOT of money for clean up, lost lives, businesses, jobs, and without being able to somehow, through legal loopholes, find a way to get out of it all......want to start the betting now?

Rave....making headway on repeal of DADT....not there yet, but at least it's being taken seriously. We are very lucky here that our lawmakers are the kind of people who find this law ridiculous and will be on board! Let's get this done!

Rant...too many political fuck ups to count, and too tired of hearing about them all to comment on it!! Could care less about this....it will all come out in the wash, as my Grandma used to say! It's not going away anytime soon!!

Rant.... Just love that there's one more bible thumping, can't keep it in his pants, idiot to add to the rubbish pile! There have been so many lately I'm losing count! Why do these nuts have to be the ones to represent what it is to be a Christian in this country?

Rave...Glad it's strawberry season....woohoo for homemade strawberry shortcake!!

Rave...successful May Day party with our favorite people....the garden was beautiful, the food was great!!! Even had a maypole!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend all....my parents are celebrating number 62 together, and RIP to all of our friends, family and service men and women who we will be remembering.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Chris! You always put things so well. You are absolutely right about the lull in blogland. Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your rants..
    Happy anniversary to your parents..Wow 62 years..
    I have also been on FB a lot..I have to keep my G Kids in line...:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear from you two....I'm missing my people!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you, girl. You always make great points. I too have done more FB than bloggng, but I will get back on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joven...thanks for the compliment! I'm a bad blogger lately!!!

    ReplyDelete