Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rave....Facebook

Okay, don't faint! It's me, trying to get my blog face on! As you know I've been sorely absent from my ranting and raving on my blog. I've been using up most of my energy for writing on Facebook lately....

There is something to be said for the social media angle....there is so much fodder out there in the world, and people just can't help coming to the trough! The material is right there, discussions are lively, diverse, and it's interactive. Nothing like some immediate feedback!! And even though I still feel like I'm preaching to the choir most days, as far as politics are concerned, there's always someone who can liven it up! It's usually family or friends, and not some hateful person from God knows where! I love that it's a more personal forum, and lots of room for sharing other aspects of life, besides political current events. Geez, I sound like a commercial!

I have added some blogger people to my FB family, so if there are any of you out there who I usually blog with, and who want to join in, let me know!

For now....here's what's up! We still have the girls with us...my daughter has 3 days left of school and then she'll be a chef. She'll be off to NOLA for a 6 wk internship, and then decide what she's doing with the rest of her life. After the girls are out of school, we're off for 2 weeks, in the motorhome with kids and dog...yes, we now have a wonderful puppy, named Nigel, who loves to travel! My husband is now being a better retired guy and not taking on 'helping' assignments for the school district!! We are staying soooooo busy....I guess as long as we're moving, that means we're still alive!

As Gary and I find the time to get our retirement back on track, and hit the road in our motorhome I will probably be journaling a lot more on this site. Can't wait to hear from you...I so miss my blogger people!!!

10 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!! Is that Nigel?? What a precious little face! I hear you on the FB thing. Writing can be cathartic, but not in 420 characters or less :) I'm glad you're back. Life sounds good. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support Lynette....loved your post....you always write from the gut/heart and it always gives me something to relate to or think about. Everyday stuff is good on FB....cathartic/journal writing is good for the blog scene.
    Yes, it's Nigel! Thought you had seen photos of him on FB...no? He's the sweetest dog ever....we couldn't have been luckier, as you never know with a rescue dog. And he's just so great with kids and other dogs....just want to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep up girl~ offering support to the ladies..heehee how did i end up here anyway..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous. It has always been a dream of mine to travel in a motorhome. Talk about freedom. You will have to offer to take the newly crowned chef along for a "vacation" so you can have gourmet food on the trip. Safe and Happy Travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara...that sounds like a plan....thanks for the visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm behind the times on catching up with reading on my fellow bloggers' pages, but I'm glad to see that you're doing well. The pup pics are absolutely adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you. I have been Facebokking more than blogging too. I'm gonna get back to it though. Look me up on FB or send me your FB info, please. Missed ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris..I have been pretty absent too..Facebook has claimed a lot of my time..re connected with so many cousins and old friends..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog,and i agree facebook does consume a lot of time for alot of us.And before you know it hours have pasted.I also have a blog http://alwaysshoponlineusa.blogspot.com to promote my online store http://astore.amazon.com/pr0216-20 Plz check it out and let me know what you think

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the blog is way better than facebook, but I can't stand much of the social media. Seems like we could interact on a blog too.

    Maybe I'm old and stubborn?

    ReplyDelete