HI all...a bit late in coming, but I'm sending out New years greetings, and wondering what everyone is planning for 2011!
I personally love the beginning of a new year....a metaphor for a chance to have a fresh start. A clean slate. It means even more to me this year, as the holidays were really rocky, and coming out of the doldrums has been such a relief!
We are lucky here on the Central Coast of California, that nature often helps us out, as it has it's own way of showing new beginnings...the winter garden is turning lush, blooms are adding some color, the whales are swimming by, and the weather has given us a sneak peak at spring!
On the reality front, even though most of us often lack follow-through on our NY resolutions, it's still a good time for reflecting, and for getting back on track. I'm not writing it down, mostly because it will feel like a failure if it doesn't get done. I have a mental/spiritual list that I am going to remind myself of everyday....make it part of my soul and the way I live my life. This isn't just a wish, it's a necessity. I'm keeping it generic to avoid beating myself up for not sticking to details...I'll let you know how THAT goes!!
-I'm going to: put myself first on the list
do something nice for someone else everyday
continue to work for humanity in a positive way
find a couple of new ways to satisfy my creative side
always put love first
These are just my ways of getting to where I need to be as a person.....what's your plan? I'd love to hear about it. I'm sending you good wishes for your brand of New Year!!!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteNew Year Resolutions are always a fail when we don't want to put effort and work into it. But I think if you work at it, you'll succeed! :) You have a good list there.
ReplyDeleteI like to rant too. Here's my blog :)
www.ninavstheworld.blogspot.com
Thanks for visiting Nina...I stalked your site....loved your writing! I'm a psych girl too! Come back anytime!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your post as I ate my lunch. The discription of your awakening garden lifted my spirits. There is hope for mine. But not for a very long time. We are having the winter from "who knows where?", in MN.
ReplyDeleteMaybe we could exchange, back yard photos? You can see my February back yard on my blog page@ http://inspiration4women.blogspot.com
It would be a treat for me to get a glimpse of yours.
I used to have this same page template, I love it. I just changed mine to a pink Valentine look.
Good day to you:)
Thanks for visiting K/C! I actually do have some garden pictures in earlier spring posts! Right now, it's very similar, but hoping to make a couple of changes this year....more later!! I love the snowy photo on your site! So many of my relatives and friends have sent similar ones on FB....I'm a mid-west girl too!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeletePlease leave your advertising off my blog!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI've been hijacked! Enough already!
ReplyDeleteHey, I live in Houston and I like snow. So my new years wish is to see some snow!
ReplyDeleteThanks on your marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author. I will make certain to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back later.
ReplyDeleteTerm Papers