Thursday, September 18, 2008

VOTE NO on Prop 8!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the signs in my front yard is "NO on Proposition 8"...this means that here in California, NO one, no matter what their sexual orientation, can be told that they can't legally marry the person they love.
I have gay friends and family members...people I love, admire, respect, and in a million years, could not even imagine that they are not able to express their love in the same way that is considered commonplace for us heteros....what is with that? Most of my gay friends have been in committed relationships longer than my hetero ones....10 to 42 years!!!!!!!! I know this is a difficult issue for many people, but I can only say that when Gary and I went to our first gay wedding for John David and Jummane, it was so beautiful and loving and joyful!!!! We will be going to our second on Nov. 1st for Cece and Darlene. Our wonderful friends, Donald and David, who have been together for 42 years, did a great interview on YouTube....if you can't access the link on my page, please go to the website and watch it. For those of you here in Calif., search your hearts and you will know that it's the right thing to do...........VOTE NO!!!!!!!! ON PROP 8....it's not going to hurt you, but it will mean the world to someone else..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swYNlUSByWo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris! So fun to get linked up through the blog world!!! I love your comments on Prop. 8 although I'm in S.D. I couldn't agree with you more. So glad you and your mom can see pics of the girls! They are a riot right now and I'm trying to enjoy every minute of it!!! I told mom you found my blog and she says "HI!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI to all there...how fun if this? Say Hi back to your MOM and tell her to e-mail me!!!!! Thanks for getting back to me, and happy for your comment...visit my blog as often as you can...so glad that I got through to you. Those little girls are just so precious!

    ReplyDelete