Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Rant & Rave...Christmas Memorials!




Today is the anniversary of Eric's death, always embedded in our brains because it was Dec. 23rd! It was his favorite time of year, and the things that I inherited from him are all about Christmas, so the memorial is a yearly one in a natural sort of way....one of his pictures hangs as an ornament on my tree, along with a tassle in his honor...he loved tassels, and of course one of his ornaments from his Christopher Radko collection, an AIDS bunny. On my mantel, his cherubs join mine, and it's one of my decorations that never change from year to year except for which garland I use. Some years I put out the hand drawn Christmas card he made for me, with a sweet little note inside.
Rest in peace my sweet sweet cousin, and know that you are remembered today and all through Christmas! We know you are living it up with Christopher, Gwen, Red, Bobbie, Doc, Nancy, and Grandma and Grandpa!

2 comments:

  1. Chris, that was a lovely tribute to Eric and I didn't know all of the things you had of Eric's and that made it more special, I know. We remember what a talented and loving nephew he was and always a smile on his handsome face. We all miss him. I remember he had all of his Christmas gifts bought and wrapped ahead of time and was hoping he would make it to Christmas. That more poignant. Thanks for the lovely thoughts. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, Chris. Brought tears to my eyes to see his face peeking out from your tree! Beautiful photo.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete