Monday, December 8, 2008

Rant...Doldrums

If you haven't already noticed, I've hit some kinda wall in the last few days...I've lost what little sense of humor I can muster for a post, burned out on the political scene, busy with Holiday stuff, being under the weather and trying to plan a get-away in the MIDDLE of it all! On Wed. we're leaving for a week to hang out at the beach in So Cal. I'm hoping it will be a nice break and I will come back refreshed and wanting to do cookies, The Nutcracker and Christmas....right now, I cut my usual decorations in half and am sitting here writing instead of trimming the tree. Maybe my usual ideological picture that I have in my head of all that Christmas can be, and enjoying making it so, seems a little silly this year, but I'm trying to make it the best that I can for my grand daughters anyway....if it weren't for them, I wouldn't even have a tree, and I'd stay gone 2 or 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!! At best, I'm hoping for a renewed spirit for the 'reason for the season', not just tradition, and getting my soul filled up...sometimes we just need a re-fill!!!!!!

13 comments:

  1. Hey, I feel your pain. It's been a struggle lately for me, too. Maybe it's just the season/weather/whatever. Hope you have fun in Cali!

    And on another note, where does Blogger come up with these words for the verification? I just had to type bachooki? Is that even a word? If you're going to call it "word verification" doesn't that imply it has to be a real word and not just a jumble of letters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the encouragement, and know you have your own battles...sorry I didn't leave a comment that day! Maybe all of the hype and fallout from the election and after, left a little "let down" reflex, and maybe it's just AGE!!! The word thing is a little crazy isn't it? It always makes me laugh...I guess that makes it more secure though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling of being burnt out. I'm taking my break over Christmas and am looking forward to getting out of town for the first time in a year. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. D...okay baby girl, you have a wonderful time off...where are you going to get out of town?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll head to New England for my break. It's cold, but it's not here and that's what's important. :-) Again, enjoy your break!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NOT HERE is the main thing, and weather doesn't count...no phone, nothing to make you feel like you HAVE to do anything if you don't want to! I love that part of getting away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Chris...I can relate. I am trying to be upbeat and all, but it's a little tough this year for some reason. Those kids will help you 'stay happy' though...no doubt! Have a great recharge trip...fill that soul, girl!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We got here safely...a great place on the beach...2/2, with a hot tub and BBQ on the patio...Will go to lunch in Malibu, maybe Fri. Think I'll just sit on the beach and read tomorrow, as it's suppose to get colder. We are going to try to get 'Australia' in while we're gone too...maybe on a rainy day! I really need this!
    YOu are probably missing home more this year, after bing there and seeing everyone. Last year was new and an adventure! AIDS day was harder for me this year for some reason, was it for you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess we are all on the same track here.. I can't get into the mood
    either
    Some day I would just like to write out some checks to the kids and go away till after the New year
    Chris you will love Australia..great escaoe movie..

    ReplyDelete
  10. D...Sounds like a great idea...I can do that when the little girls are older, but just can't abandon them now, because they look to me for so many of these holiday experiences, and they are so into it! I STILL remember that THG in Cabo though...It was gooooo great! someday..........
    Am looking forward to the movie too.
    Well, my coffee is done and we're off for a walk on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I could join you for that walk on the beach..the temps here are in the 20's and the wind is cutting..
    I am waiting for my hot tea and then off to work on my cards..

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Cards We keep looking at them Guess I should buy some This isn't a normal year

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Chris, shake off those doldrums! We need your rants and raves!!! Or if you don't want to write, have a happy little Christmas anyway.

    ReplyDelete