This was an e-mail sent to us from friends in Ghana
and thought it would be fun to share today:
Best Wishes for the New Year!
(cute happy faces)
Proposed 2009 Contract Renewal
(cute moving monkey with bottle of champagne)
After serious & cautious consideration . . .
Our contract of friendship is eligible for renewal into the New Year!
Our wishes for you in 2009:
May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts.
May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills.
May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips!
May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires.
May happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy.
May the problems you had in 2008 forget your home and your work address!
In simple words: Here's hoping 2009 will be the best year of your life (so far...)!
Fondly,
John David and Jumaane
What will you be doing to ring in the New Year?
We were just heading off to bed ourselves...we did Time Square with the kids at 9pm here...they didn't know the difference! Just as long as they had hats, noise makers and such. Can't wait for Jan. 20th...it feels like a lifetime since the election, doesn't it? John David who just sent the message calls him Moron in Chief...I love that!
ReplyDeleteJanuary 20th, Yippee! I can't wait
ReplyDeleteit will be party time at our house.
Last night after mass and an early dinner at Oak City in BC, we went home before the amateurs came out.
Don't laugh, but I watched a food networks stars marathon and then
brought in the New Year with Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper.
We passed on a party.
I just thought maybe doing something different might change the outcome for the next year.
I will try anything
Have a great year Chris.
That is the greatest New Year wish ever. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI wish you the same!
I did mean Times Square on TV!!!! I'm not crazy enough to be there in person!
ReplyDeleteThanks for telling me about your Eve...we just aren't much into partying on this night, and usually go to our local First Night here in Monterey to hear great music and enjoy art and run into friends. Even though it's a family night we decided to skip it this year.