I am on a roll here folks, bear with me...as a retiree who is about to have a $650 healthcare premium thrown my way, I have no more patience with the system that we have...done, over it, not working for me. I will be mostly ranting in the near future, but I'm hoping for a rave now and then. This artlcle will definite cause you pause. Written by Jeff Merkley, and published in the Huffington Post:
Words Designed to Kill Healthcare Reform
This is only ONE of the issues we are up against! I'll be doing more research on healthcare in the coming weeks, in the hopes of helping to sort through all of the choices...not only for you all, but for me too. Right now, I'm thinking ALL of the money going into one system makes the most sense...wouldn't that $94million insurance industry CEO bonus look good on the books of a healthcare system? That asshole would be getting MY $650/mo. that I can't afford?????????? Wish I could say "not on your life!" But unfortunately he gets it, and I can't say anything about it, or I go without coverage!
I also just wrote to my Congress people...lets keep them accountable!! We are literally in for the fight of our lives.........
You've stated the truth, Chris. Well done.
ReplyDeleteWow. I have been out of the loop for so long in terms of politics (aside from the cursory glance at online news sites, etc.).
ReplyDeleteHealth care is not a privilege. It's a right. We won't get anything better than what we have until we alter the discourse. Those on the "right" are so into "life?" Well, health care (i.e. "life" care) might be a good place to put their money where their mouths are...
We just need to be really noisy right now! Thanks for being on board with a change...ANY change!
ReplyDeleteWe all know that if congress had the same health care we have, changes would be made.
ReplyDeleteAs long as the HMO's have the control they do in Washington I don't see a change coming any time soon.
Hubba is well past retirement age but continues to work as a controller of a small company,
Mainly for the insurance so for now we are fine.
I have written my share of letters to Congress and I volunteer for the good guys when their elections come up.
We shouldn't have to go back into the work force to get health coverage.......especially after retirement!
ReplyDeleteI am so sick of these republicans saying, "We don't want to be like canadians..."- well, speak for yourselves, I do want what canadians have! ...and swedes, and the british. I just turned down a $700 cobra policy for our family. Husband and kids are on one policy, I am trying to get into the high risk insurance pool in our state. I am pretty healthy these days, but because I've been recently tagged with a disease, they don't even want to ask me questions, I am just uninsurable.
ReplyDeleteRidiculous that you have to do that Mari...I was wondering about you actually, knowing that you now have a pre-existing condition. I am almost $700/mo. just for me!! This can't go on...families can't afford it...good luck with finding what you need until we can change things. We need to make a LOT of noise!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteObama needs to hear it, as he's still protecting the private sector, and we won't have the money we need for a good system, until we get the insurance and drug companies out of it!
We need another rant from you :D
ReplyDelete