This is the second time that I've used that heading......now I mean it! The public option may be off the table, and according to a news show on CNN today, it never WAS on the table. Without the public option, we don't have reform.......This is my last post about health care. I've done my part, I've posted, I've written letters to my congress people and the president, AARP, and whoever will listen. You all are getting as tired as I am of reading it and hearing about it.....no one even bothers to comment about it anymore!!
Where are all of the people who wanted health care reform? What happened to the passion behind the election? What happened to all of the people that we elected to do our bidding? Why isn't that voice louder than the nay sayers right now? A handful of crazies are getting more headlines and sympathy than the millions out there who are in really dire need of help? What is up with that? What is happening to our country? Are we being taken hostage by a small bunch of nut cases with guns at rallies? By insurance companies with more money than God, but they still want to take more of our blood?
If we let that happen without a fight, then we deserve what we get.......
You've summed it up nicely. It does seem that substantive reform will not happen. It does seem that no matter how much we write or call or complain, nothing is changing. Our voices are being drowned out by the extremists who are being egged on by those with some really deep pockets.
ReplyDeleteThanks girl......you have more than done your part as have many on my blog roll here...I commend you all!! I have the best group ever!!! I appreciate you all so much...your feedback, your wonder posts, and your commitment to your countrymen. Keep it up girls!!
ReplyDeleteI hang with a lot of Christians, some of which are conservatives. I am amazed at the close minded attitudes. We need health reform in the US. Some of the same people opposed to health care reform are laid off and cannot afford health care. Wake up people!
ReplyDeleteOMG! This is disgustingly disappointing.
ReplyDeleteThe Democrats have the majority to pull this off, and we're just handing it over.....and you are right Laurie, a lot of people who need this change are squaking and will be left with no change that will work for them....very disturbing! Maybe they could lower the age for admittance to Medicare....I'll sign up!!
ReplyDeleteNo complaints from this senior!! I, however, am also concerned with the population of children who are going without ANY kind of health management and the consequences in the future for them as a result. Mom
ReplyDeleteReally, the wingadings know they can grind down people by digging in and not listening. It's like being around someone who is constantly in a foul mood. It's draining and no one can tolerate it for very long... and that's why people leave those kind of people alone.
ReplyDeleteI. am. totally. fed. up. And sick and tired of being fed up. I read online the other day someone suggesting that *everyone* stop paying their insurance premiums for one month. Let's see how long the insurance companies keep those smirks on their faces knowing they are pulling the strings without an income for a month... Maybe even threatening to do it in terms of protesting (where are the pro-reform protesters?).
Isn't that what the left does? Protest? I went to a gathering at our local town hall (outside) and was one of about only 20 people that showed up in support of reform. The lunatics are retaking control of the asylum.
I have heard that the public option, if removed, would be added back in later. The whole thing could go either way, and I hope it goes the right way, Chris, you know how much I need it!
ReplyDeleteGreat discussion from you all......wish we could be making the decisions!!!! Maybe our law makers will grow a couple big ones at the last minute!!! I plan on making sure they hear from me about it!!
ReplyDeleteIf we could do something to rid the voice of the lobbyists, that would take care of part of the problem. Keeping groups related to corporations from donating to campaigns would be another. That's part of the big issue with this whole deal. In their eyes, it's not about the people as much as it is about self interest.
ReplyDeleteD--I so agree with that.....money is talking all over the place!!!
ReplyDeleteChris: go vote!
ReplyDeletehttp://action.firedoglake.com/page/s/keepthepledge
DONE!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI still have some hope.
ReplyDeleteBasically the far right folks (no offense if anyone on this blog is) do not want any kind of reform just like they were a big push against wall street reform and regulation. See what happened there right?
The health insurance industry is widely unregulated. they can deny payment for any reason at all....Like because it's Monday your claim doesn't getting paid and it's legal, lol.
Just weird actually having good heath care and still not being able to afford to go to the Dr. lol.
I think my emergency room co-pay is up to 100..Dammit it's an emergency! Cut me some slack!
Why should everyone be covered?
Easy. Because everyone else picks up the tab. Hospitals can't deny anyone service and when folks can't/don't pay; hospital jacks up rates to cover those losses the next year and we get passed the bill anyway.
We are living in the time of the crazies. Left wing and Right Wing, both are to blame.
I think some of it is due to ignorance and some of it is due to racism.
Just think..tomorrow whole school districts are caving because they got calls from a small group of parents that don't want to show a presidential speech to help kids stay in school!
Geez...Lawd help us!
Hi Mike....thanks for visiting! I loved what you said, and always great to have another voice on the health care issue...don't worry, I have great blogger people who are very involved with this issue....check some of them out.....I have some GREAT writers in my group!
ReplyDeleteI'm trying really hard to have some hope, but the crazies are getting to me, as well as those who should know better!!!!