Monday, August 24, 2009
Rave......Rolling Stone
Okay..........I said I wasn't going to mention health care, but I'm not writing my own stuff. We have read two great articles from the last two issues of Rolling Stone, and just hoping you can check them out. One is a roundtable discussion with David Gergen, Paul krugman, and Michael Moore...they 'grade' Obama on his presidency so far. This last week, an article by Matt Taibbi, 'Is Health Care Reform Doomed?' is hard hitting, disturbing, interesting and informative......now, that being said, I'm all about my garden, cleaning carpets, painting my bedroom and making little girl dresses, until the Congress gets off their well paid-off asses and passes a health care reform bill that can work for everyone!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I haven't read the latest one yet, hope to get to it in the next couple of days after I clean, mow, water and do a little painting. Thank goodness the kids are back in school tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya!!....and I'm really glad the grandgirls are back in school too!!! If it hadn't been for my husband reading the articles to me while I did other things, I wouldn't have gotten through them either!!! There's no rush...health care reform isn't going anywhere, literally............
ReplyDeleteI'm with you, I wish they would all get off the pot or we are looking at a one term President.
ReplyDeleteTry reading this article about health care reform. Then you can keep up the right for some type of health care reform. http://blog.sojo.net/2009/08/25/five-christian-considerations-for-health-care-reform/
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link. I have had little patience for this aspect of our culture wars lately. Having your hubby read to you while you do other things? Nice idea!
ReplyDeleteThanks Laurie.....read both, and I'm thinking if we all just went back to the basics of Christian principles, we wouldn't be having these difficulties in making decisions for our fellow man!! I'm really having a problem with all of the crazies who are rewriting those principles to fit their own purposes!
ReplyDeleteSKye...That's where I've been too....we did our part, and now we just have to wait and see...Ed Shultz said today "health care will pass because it's the right thing for the country".....I hope he's right!!!
Chris...I don't know about you, but as a nurse, when I took care of a patient with advanced directives ('death panels') I always felt better about things. I knew that the family and their doctor were on the same page...and then allowed those taking care of them to be on the same page, too. What's wrong with that? Have you figured it out yet?
ReplyDeleteTaken out of context for their purposes as usual.....they know that!
ReplyDelete