Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Rant...Hate is alive and well

I loved the president's comeback on the Letterman show, regarding race being an issue for him lately.....he said he was Black before the election! Just saw the video again on a fellow blogger's site and here's my comment:

"Still pinching myself that he got elected, because I didn't have faith in my species that race could be overcome.......I'm glad I was wrong......but I do believe the current political climate has made it okay for the staunchest of racists to crawl out from under their rocks and make themselves known! These are some really scary people!!!!!"

I'm glad the president still has a sense of humor about this issue, because frankly, I continue to be afraid for him......I grew up with a very racist America, and despite a seeming reduction in their numbers over the years, and a movement to the fringes of society, I believe he could still be in danger. All of our beloved leaders who were murdered were taken out by lunatics!!!! It only takes one............

8 comments:

  1. I would really like to know why our government continues to support the ex-Honduran pres. when whatI can gather from people who live there, he is not what the people want? Does anyone else have this impression? Anonymous or PEH

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great comeback- he has such a great sense of humor! (but I think it was on Letterman?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu are right Mari!!! I should change that!!! I had just finished watching Larry King, so I wrote it....old girl brain!!!!
    Hey MOM....the Honduran situation is messy right now...have been talking with Todd about it, and people are getting more and more divided over it...he sees both sides, but some are very adamant about their "side". I also feel like we should stay out of it, and keep our mouths shut, and especially NOT take our money away....the Honduran people are the poorest in Central America, and they didn't cause this! I'll send you some info........hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the episode. It's on my list of things to watch when I'm done bonding with Emerson. (shoot me)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry baby girl.....I'm sure you'll live!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I'm not necessarily a fan of his policies I know what you mean--I feel bad for anyone who has to live in fear like he must.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you Chris, I think it will be a miracle if Obama makes it to the end of his term without something tragic happening.
    I believe in Freedom of Speech, but what Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, Glen Beck and all of the nuts on Fox news are doing is the same as yelling "Fire" in a room with one exit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon....you should have anyway!!!! LOL.....he's the prez and now a Nobel prize winner....what are you and your like-minded chronies missing here my friend???

    ReplyDelete