Well, I had planned to start out my 2010 blogging year with a little more positive flair, and yes, maybe even a drum roll or two.....tah dah!!!!!! But sadly, I haven't had time for writing anything, only a quick comment or two...
The main reason is that we have made the decision to move our daughter and grandgirls in with us....
All of a sudden, within a week's time there was a loss of house and job. This is happening to so many people, but it hasn't touched us personally until now. This is our way of helping out....a roof!
Luckily, my daughter is actually relieved to get a chance to make some changes......no more Big Sur living for her, and she's hoping to find a new career path, which may include going back to school to finish that last pesky year of college that has eluded her since having children!
So, here's what we've been up to:
Making 2 trips to BS to haul stuff, just so it could sit in the courtyard with a tarp over it....that's a 50min. (oneway) trip, along a very winding coastal road!
Cleaning and reorganizing the garage to accommodate more.....talk about opening up a can of worms!
Moving out of our master bedroom and into the guest room (which we had to empty first)......actually very cozy now!
Painting said master (which was the plan anyway), and moving girls and their Mom in.....it's big enough for all of them, thankfully! This move will save me headaches later!
More loads of laundry than any three days should ever see....
Regrouping and reorganizing...it's been a chance for major purging...but the house looks like a tornado struck, I've had some moments of being very overwhelmed, a few crying spells, and yes, maybe even a tantrum...
Taking football watching breaks to save our sanity...oh yeah, that's WITH a couple of cocktails!!
Still driving the girls to school, 50min. away along the aforementioned road....that's going to change soon!
On Thursday the garbage men won't know whether to laugh or cry!!! Just like us!!!
So, 2010 is sort of starting off with a bang, just not the one I had planned! The best thing is we are together, safe, warm and dry, and well fed, as so many are not right now. When you have blessings you have to be sure to count them! You never know when something could change............
Wow Chris, you never know, do you?! Maybe you'll have to take a little road trip to Utah this year to check out one of our National Parks...
ReplyDeleteWow! That's a lot. Your daughter and grandgirls are lucky to have you. You guys are pulling together so it will all get better.
ReplyDeleteI'm sending bunches of positve vibes your way.
I am so sorry to hear this, so many people being affected by this economy.
ReplyDeleteI just got off the phone with a friend who has 2 daughters job searching again..
I cringe when the phone rings..
Sending you a big Hug..
Feeling the love.....thanks!
ReplyDeleteLife can change at the drop of the hat. Amazing. I'm glad your daughter has great parents to give her a helping hand in her time of need. There are many families out there who don't have that safety net. I hope everything works out!
ReplyDeleteWow. Life does present changes, doesn't it? I have been playing "I Dare You to Move" an oldie but goodie from Switchfoot. Fitting for your family.
ReplyDeleteLaurie....I'm sure you can relate to the organizing, deciding what to keep, and not......at least this wasn't a move to another country, shipping, etc.!!!! We're surviving so far....taking a short trip today to spend time with family and just relaxing. I've been keeping up with your Milk Project, and when my life calms down a little, I want to do something to help from here if I can??????
ReplyDeleteOf course you can help. Right now concentrate on those lovely ones that God has placed under your roof.
ReplyDeleteWow, so many changes and you seem to handle them with great aplomb. You are one cool-headed chick!
ReplyDeleteTake care and my thoughts are with you and your family... thanks for the reminder to count blessings.
We love you and support you in all you do. You have been an amazing daughter from day one, being a single mom for 8 years, always rising to the occasion when needed. You have no idea how proud I am of you and love you deeply. Mom
ReplyDeleteThanks MOM!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI would do the same for my daughter and grandkids~~ in a heartbeat !! You and Gary have so much to offer, in every way, that Meredith, Elizabeth & Valentina will only prosper under your loving roof.
ReplyDeleteHI Sandie!!! I know you read my blog faithfully, but so nice to see a comment! Yeah!!!!
ReplyDeleteAs you can see I haven't been writing lately, but hope to change that soon!