Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rave....Spring is around the corner, isn't it?



Well, thought I'd come up for breath, and actually write....whether it will be worth reading is another thing........
We have been fortunate here around Monterey Bay.......we've had lots of rain and fairly mild weather, give or take some frost and a storm or two, but also a little peek at spring-like weather a week ago. This made the garden lush with plants, blooms and weeds...I have daffodils, crocosmias and cala lilies looking very happy!! We also got to get out into the garden and pull some of those pesky weeds and get our hands dirty!!! I do know this was taking place at the same time that parts of the nation were getting blasted with snow storms, so to say that I feel lucky would be an understatement.....daily Facebook accounts from family and friends in the midwest and on the east coast have kept us humble!
So, for all of you out there who need a little reminder of days to come.....I'm sending you some little peaks and tidbits of spring to get you through the next few weeks!!!
I really think spring is just around the corner!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Yea, spring! Can't wait! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing but gravel - That must be one of my kids' handles, lol! Shows you what I know about my own children....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spring flowers..today it is gorgeous out almost 40, sunny snow melting like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now I want to live in Marina and not in Oregon....the sun is shining but not for long!!! More rain and drizzle for another week and I'm wanting SPRING!! LOL Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are still having rain too Mom, but it's needed, and we're getting sun in between.....just enough to do a little clean up, planting seeds and putting them in the greenhouse for now....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your yard looks so nice....I have not done anything in mine, except pull a few weeds and look to see what plants I'll have to replace. Unfortunately, my HIBISCUS seems to die each yr from the one little "freeze" we get and I never remember to cover the plant w a bag or something to see if it will survive. Oh Well.... The Mama Squirrel, again, stole ALL my Prayer Flags...I hung them in different places, lower on the fence, etc...but this past week, she seemed to find ALL of them and by today, they were ALL gone, wait I did manage to run out and save 5 flags while she was dragging the rest away !!! How full does her nest have to be, before she stops taking the flags?! I'll have to place something else out for her and see what happens! We had so MANY ROBINS this yr, again. Not as many as 2 yrs ago; but when I go out in the moring for the paper and to let Pepper check out his front year, the trees are FULL !!! I really enjoyed the Fog, but now Im ready for Spring, so I can watch my yard bloom !! Ive been taking pictures, my new 'Hobbie'.. of the flowers, birds and spider webs...! Glad you're back Ranting and Raving !!!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi all!! Thanks for your comments!!! Spring is coming this next week!!! We have a warm spell in store for us!! Yeah....does so much for the soul, don't ya think?

    ReplyDelete