Friday, January 1, 2010

Rave...Happy New Year!

We were among those who stayed home last night and watched all of the other idiots getting rained and snowed on!!!! We stayed in our comfy clothes that we've been in for most of the last couple of weeks, give or take a day or two, and continued our sloth-like, laid-back behaviors, with a good dinner, a fire in the fireplace and a glass of wine, snuggling our grandgirls and making a big deal out of the changing of the year......
Today we made crab dip, dressed the girls in the dresses I made them, actually dressed ourselves up and headed off to an open house to enjoy an eclectic group of interesting people......educators, musicians, business and creative people. Thank God, not a medical person in the crowd! One of the things I love about retirement is no shop talk!!!!! Really fun, but couldn't wait to come home and get back in my comfy clothes!!!!!
I'm so ready for all of this to be over!!! I'm ready for the beginning of a new year.....new focus, new ideas, new projects, new places to go....I always love the feeling of starting fresh, even though it's only symbolic...so let's get on with it and make this the best year we've experienced in a while....in our personal lives, as well as doing our part to make America the best it can be.
Happy New Year to you all!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I hope the new decade doesn't fly by like the last one.. making this granny very nervous...:)
    I pray that the New Year will open the eyes of some of our leaders..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Chris! I am so full of hope, so thankful the last decade is over. Here's to better ideas and brighter days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I get more info reading your blog than over the phone, imagine that as we usually aren't at a loss for words:) LOL Mom

    ReplyDelete