Monday, March 1, 2010

Rant.... Pissed off about Politics!!!

Well, you have probably noticed an absence of rants and raves from me about politics lately. It's not that there is a lack of material...an understatement to be sure. Or, that I don't have any feelings about it....quite the opposite!! I'm just so pissed off that it has made me numb, and unable to find words to express my anger, and yes, FEAR! Maybe it's the fear that is so paralyzing......of having no control, the voice of reason nowhere in sight, solutions taken hostage by money, ideology and teabagger mentality. Am I the only one feeling this defeated and negative right now?
I was going to list my rants, but they are painfully redundant, for all of us really, and I don't need to belabor the facts. As for raves, they are sorely limited.
This is short, and without the detail and research fellow bloggers put into their political posts.....just coming from the gut today!! I am trying to maintain a shred of hope, support my president, and give myself time to get out of my funk and disillusionment! What will happen will happen despite me.....on to other more positive projects for my blog!

8 comments:

  1. I feel your pain, Chris. It's one of the reasons I haven't been writing as much lately. It just seems so pointless sometimes.

    Giving up certainly has its appeals but the relief never lasts long. Sooner or later I always start getting pissed off again and feel compelled to rant.

    We need to rant loudly, consistently and often. Maybe if enough of us complain, something will actually change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through this a few weeks ago- 2? 4? 6? I can't remember, but I am pulling out of my funk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know Chris, we can't afford to give up because then the nuts win.

    Another election year coming up and I am going to be involved in some local campaigns.
    Today my Senator Amy Klobuchar who I have known since she was very young was one of the Senators finally signing on to a Public Option.
    We worked hard to get people to send her letters so we are all feeling really good about it.
    Don't get down..get busy..even if all you do is write letters. :)


    If you have friends or relatives in Iowa..tell them to beware of the pretty face Minnesota Governor who keeps making trips down there..he is a demagogue

    He vetoed a bill that would have continued General Medical Assistance to disabled, homeless,and mentally ill.
    Because he refuses to raise taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for your input...you are the best group of bloggers ever! You listen to my crazy rants and still encourage....I have to tell you, I listened to the president today, talking about health care and I WEPT!!! It was like such a relief to hear something positive, and helped me feel more hopeful. I've blogged, written countless letters, posted on Facebook, continue to talk to people whenever I get a chance, wear my button every day out in public that says I'm a nurse for health care reform and I guess I felt like I had done all I could! Hey, maybe my letters to the White House did make a difference, and yes, we can never give up....thanks for the dope slap!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris, THANKS for your ranting! I can't always keep up w whats going on and lately I've been so enraged abt this whole thing and the stupidity (?) of the American people and our Politicians...it's just so frustrating ! These 'so called leaders' of ours are so interested in their own 'glory' that they are overlooking what WE, the People, really want.......and Rush L. ---what can I say (I can't really say it here) but OMG...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to listen and keep up, but I find myself turning the tv off a lot lately!!!!! I did hear the president speak a couple of times when he was out talking about health care around the country, and I was feeling a little bit of the old pre-election Obama!!! Music to my ears!! There's obviously been a little disillusionment mixed in with my frustration.....hope that stops pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have decided to quit listening to all the crap coming from the media.. Either it will pass or it won't.
    Maybe Obama has learned a good lesson early ..don't trust those smiley faces on the other side of the aisle.
    They all carry sharp knives!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Chris..the vote is about to start..keeping my finger crossed.. :)

    ReplyDelete