Sunday, December 21, 2008

Rave...Go Jerry

I hope this lady won't mind my stealing her comment, but thought it said a lot....this comment was in response to an article about Jerry Brown's legal fight in Calif. on behalf of the gay community and their right to marry....repeal Prop. 8!!!!!!!!



Sat, 12/20/2008 - 18:30 — Helene (not verified)
"to use the ballot box to take away an "inalienable" right would establish a "tyranny of the majority," which the Constitution was designed, in part, to prevent" That is exactly what Prop.8 is: a tyranny of the majority. As a mother of a gay son living in California, I was appalled by the passage of this proposition. I, and the rest of our family, believe that he should have the same right to marry as my straight son. I love his partner dearly. They are happy together and I sincerely thank God for this loving relationship. It is a blessing for our family. While the churches have the right to deny their own blessings, and people have the right to disapprove of such unions, they don't have the right to deny the civil right that civil marriage is. Perhaps enlightenment will come later for them, perhaps it won't. But my son's life can't wait. I am extremely grateful to Mr. Brown for seeing the light and having the courage to act to implement justice.

6 comments:

  1. Nice ranting, kinda' tamed though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay tuned for my posting tomorrow. I end up ranting a bit about the gay marriage issue... again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for Jerry, I hope he hangs in there..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve...sorry I didn't shake the shingles off the roof! I'm lucky to have posted at all this week on anything political! Thanks for visiting!
    D...okay, baby girl...I'm tuned!
    GT...we'll see how it goes...I love him, but he has a reputation for being a little over the top with some of us boomer types! Hopefully it will just be about LAW, and not personaliity....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out my video of the Light Up the Night event in Monterey:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqC4mR7h04A

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fritz...Hey, sorry I couldn't be there, but I was doing the Nutcracker at Santa Catalina with the girls...hope you had a good turnout, and I'll watch the video after Christmas cookie making!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete