Thursday, January 1, 2009

Rave...January 1, 2009!


I'm usually a pretty positive person, but there has never been a Jan. 1st that has felt so good, held so much promise, hope, expectation, and yes...a little fear too. There's something about a clean slate...but in reality, a new year can also bring a mixed bag of experiences, some of which of are out of our control...an illness, a death of a friend or loved one, etc. I'm trying to live my life more in the moment, and embrace the negative in hope of learning what I'm suppose to learn from it. I'm hoping, as a nation, we will also take the negatives of last year and turn them around to our advantage. I feel like we have started that process by electing a man with a fresh view, intelligence and inclusiveness. The next obvious step is for all of us to take responsibility and the challenge to support him, advocate for our causes, and stay involved. I'm probably preaching to the choir here, as all of you out there in blogging land, have been so dedicated to working to make sure we're stimulated, informed and inspired. Thank you for keeping me on my toes, and making me feel like I had something worthy to say!
Let's all have the best year possible!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am a little apprehensive about the road ahead for our new President.
    He has been dealt an awful deck of cards.
    Bush and his ilk have totally ruined this country and it is going to take a lot longer to repair the damage then I think some people are willing to wait for.
    I am going to think positive..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to kick his ass everytime I hear how he doesn't understand why he is being judged so harshly, and that he has accomplished a lot...and that it will all come out someday....bullshit!
    I have the same apprehensions as you do, but we just have to give him a chance, but not without our help...he can't do it alone....I guess we keep blogging our little hearts out!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kick Bush's ass....
    Support Obama...

    ReplyDelete