Saturday, November 15, 2008

Rants and Raves...Life Happens

Lately I seem to have words when discussing politics or other issues with friends, or commenting on other people's blogs, but not when I sit down to write on my own. Since I haven't posted since Nov. 7th, I guess I've been taking a break....of course there's always that thing about life happening!!! Feeling confident that things are in good hands helps too...Obama is diving in with both feet, the gay community is finally making itself heard, and even President Bush is saying nice things about the president-elect! (the economy could be better) Even though I remain interested, I'm just going to have to say "Well said" a lot to you fellow bloggers, as we seem to say the same stuff anyway, only in different words...yours are usually better than mine!! Here's what is replacing my blog moments:
I did a 3k with my grandaughters and husband last weekend, made cranberry chutney for the holidays (recipe in my Fall Post), lost sleep for three nights dealing with ear/throat infections and chasing fevers, had a much deserved lunch with my nurse girls, making dresses for the holidays for the little ones (pics to follow), put together a "grandma" toy box for a friend (the girls love to give away "baby" things for a good cause!), starting the plans for Thanksgiving dinner here for 10 people, and getting my garden ready for the winter...tried that with my clothes too, and now it's 85 degrees on Nov. 15th and my summer stuff is packed away!! That was this week....good thing I'm retired!!!!
Today I am being paged for various things, not to mention sharing my computer with an anxious 8 yr. old, and helping the four yr. old with her tutu!! So, I guess it's time for a commercial break!!!!!!!!!!!! (that would be the cat barf!) Thankfully Grandpa is taking the girls to the library on their bikes to return books, bring home more, and play on the playground equipment for a while...he's the best...good thing he's retired too!!!!!!
More later......thanks for putting up with me!

4 comments:

  1. I do enjoy reading your rants and raves. I think it's great to see the issues of our country, as well as daily life through others. I also always appreciate you stopping by to visit my little corner of the blog world as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wELL, DEAR DAUGHTER, YOUR LIFE SOUNDS LIKE AN ORDINARY DAY WITH MY FOUR KIDS AND A DOG. HOWEVER, I WILL HAVE TO SAY IT WAS EASIER WHEN I WAS YOUNG:) Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you fit it all in, to be perfectly honest! Most of it sounds like a blast, though (the cat barf...not so much...poor kitty.)!

    I love that you can ride your bikes to the library...too hilly here for bikes!

    Like you, Chris, I am resting a little easier now that the election is over and Obama seems to be making good decisions.

    Now....about Prop 8....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry cuz, I think things will get better now actually....I wrote on JMG about this. The gay community has awakened! The anger is being redirected into positive energy and as we've seen, things are happening!!!!! As you know, I've thought that this needed to happen for a while now, but who am I? I'm not a part of the "community", but was getting tired of the whining, and it needed to happen from within. It took Prop. 8 to "make it so"........

    ReplyDelete