Anyone who knows me or has been to my home, knows that my house and garden have been my canvases, my creative outlets....It's very satisfying to get awesome feedback, just as if I had painted a picture or made a piece of pottery that someone loved. Even though I will still continue with these projects, which are always a work in progress, I have realized how much I have missed other creative venues. AH! retirement!!!!!!!!!
The first crafty thing I have missed is sewing. Now that I have the time to sew for the little girls, and they can actually wear things a little longer, I have crossed over into the roll of seamstress again! What fun, and seeing their reactions to the finished product, was priceless! Now they want to learn how to sew! Can't wait to start on my next project....
I have to do a little commercial here, and give credit to my cousin Kim and her daughter, Megan, who have inspired me to sew for the girls...they have a new clothes line called 'Bridget&Lucy'....I have been blogging with Megan, and enjoying the wonderful things that the two of them make....thanks ladies!!!!!!!!
My grandmother taught me how to sew. I haven't made clothing in years. However, I did enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteAs an aside, happy turkey day... and I can tell from the comment you left me, that you read the comments from M&H!! Very perceptive!
Well, those pics are great and better than the phone!!! We had a safe trip and Dad is glad to be home and comfortable. More later, luv u, Mom
ReplyDeleteD-I did read your comment on M&H But you also told me in a previous post that your Mom would be with you. Hope it went well.
ReplyDeleteMom-glad you're home safe...the dresses turned out really cute, didn't they, and the girls LOVE them, which makes me happy.
Sad that I don't even pay attention to my previous postings... short term memory loss, I suppose.
ReplyDeleteChris...those are beautiful!! The fabrics are wonderful...great job!
ReplyDelete