Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Rave...A New Day!!


The start of a new day is always exciting and hopeful, and with much anticipation...that's how I'm feeling this morning, but with much more emotion!! This isn't just any day!! It's an incredible day!! It's an historic day!! Since I was a young person, I've always worked to shed light on the civil wrongs of our society. Today, every insult, setback or disappointment, I ever experienced was worth it...I feel vindicated, relieved and joyful. I shed some tears during Barack's speech to the country...but , today I can't stop the tears from flowing. We've seen, first hand, our country's conscience shift toward a new direction, and I don't think we can ever go backwards now, only forwards....

This morning I went to some of the blogs that I've been following, as I needed read about the "family" of people who have poured their hearts out to each other over the last weeks. As I'm also feeling that there have been some bittersweet moments, I had to comment on one of them..."I am so relieved and proud of my country…why when we’ve come so far, could we not have also honored our gay friends and family buy voting down Prop 8? I don’t get it. My heart is full and sad at the same time………"

I apologize if I'm rambling...haven't been able to get my thoughts down on paper...maybe it's because there are no words right now, only feelings!!! Maybe if I wait a few more days!

3 comments:

  1. I was so elated over Obama's win last night and very saddened to hear about Prop 8 when I woke up today.

    Overall, it is still a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too...I can't stop smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, I did like your words. mine were no improvement. ;-)

    ReplyDelete