Okay...I'm a mess. My eyes are red from blogging, reading, and watching MSNBS and CNN to get the last minute scoop! I know from reading blogs all week, that everyone's writings are filled with the same anxieties and feelings in general as mine...it's like we are writing carbon copies of each other's blogs, or comments...
I'm doing my last minute stuff...wearing my button and t-shirt, signs in the yard, blogging, and hopefully, weather permitting, going to a last march for Obama and No on 8 tomorrow, with grand-daughters in tow. Then we are hosting a party for like-minded friends to watch the returns on Tues. night....like I've said before, the champagne is getting cold!!!!!!!!
I saw a video tonight of what it might be like to hear Obama on the 5th, talking to us about the future.......I was so overcome by emotion...so energized, joyful, relieved, and thankful........let's hope we all feel that on Wed. am!!!!!!!!!!
I am hopeful for the first time in three elections, that I will feel great relief instead of deep sadness on Wed.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on that! So much riding on this election, and we can't afford to lose. We campaigned today in Monterey for both Obama and No on 8...my little ones, 8 and 4 were there with their signs and yelling with the best of them! I took pics as I knew some day my grand daughters would want to know that they were a part of history...they wanted to know if they were going to be on the news! I'm hoping to blog on this!
ReplyDeleteChris, it was great seeing you in Monterey! Sorry if I seemed a bit distracted (I'm having some personal problems).
ReplyDeleteAnyway, here are the photos. I have several of you and the kids!
http://flickr.com/photos/fritzliess/sets/72157608604588504/detail/
I know the candidates must be tired because I am exhausted just watching.
ReplyDeleteTuesday night,(Tomorrow!) will be so emotional in a good way I hope. I got my tissues ready. I actually live a few blocks from Obama and my neighborhood is excited of course. I can imagine the smiles Wednesday morning on the streets here. We've worked hard and the best thing will be Barack and his family can get some sleep and hopefully go to Hawaii and rest and see his grandmother.
I love your blog and will be back.
Thanks to all of you!!! Keep your fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteChris, you are sooooo popular now. Look at all those comments. I am glad you didn't quit blogging.
ReplyDeleteThanks Laurie...you have just been such a comfort and support for me and I am so greatful to have you in my life...even by blog!
ReplyDelete