Friday, February 6, 2009

Rave...Trying to keep his word!

Obama is trying to stay in the fight, and trying to keep his word...he gave a little tongue lashing to those who needed it...

"The American people did not choose more of the same," Obama said. "They did not send us to Washington to get stuck in partisan posturing, or to turn back to the same tried and failed approaches that were rejected in the last election. They sent us here with a mandate for change, and the expectation that we would act."

Now, did they really hear him, or has ideology won out over reason?....if not, do you think the American people will do what's needed and vote them out next time? It's time to put our money where it should have been all along, making jobs and building our infrastructure, not making the top rung of the ladder rich and everyone else poor. It's pretty basic stuff, so why don't they get that?

4 comments:

  1. It'll be interesting to see what comes of all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Republicans say they're for bipartisanship- while they're running for office. Once they get in there, it's the same old polemic b.s.

    I have a bumpersticker on my garbage can that says:
    Bipartisanship: I'll hug your elephant if you kiss my ass.
    So I guess I'm a little guilty too, except mine is a joke; I would actually listen to what they had to say in a work situation.

    But as a whole, this country said what you were doing for 8 years didn't work, let's try something new. They need to listen to us! People need to get mad and call their representatives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting so discouraged, sometimes it seem the Democrats don't know how to fight anymore.
    They need to kick some butt..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quote you use from Obama really sums up the problems we're facing and the new reality that we thought we brought to Washington. The Repubs, and not a few Dems, seem to think that they can keep on keeping on and all will be well. Isn't one definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over yet expecting a different outcome. Well, I say most of the Republicans in Washington meet that definition. My Sen John Cornyn certainly does. It would be so nice to elect an intelligent person from Texas for once.

    ReplyDelete