Thursday, October 16, 2008
Raves...to all who wrote about poverty!
Yesterday was incredible...great forum for writing and reading about poverty....what we think about it, how we capture it, what we do about it, how we support each other in our efforts to alleviate it. But, even as I was feeling all warm and fuzzy and encouraged about what I'd read, I still had that nagging in my gut......why does it seem so insurmountable...why, with so many, doing so much, does it still feel like that never ending gapping hole I was talking about? Why are we taking 1 step forward, and 3 back!! Why do we still keep banging our heads on the wall? Well, I don't have the answers...but, I just know that we can't stop doing what we're doing, one step at a time, one person at a time....it matters....it's what we're suppose to do for our fellow man...and, as long as I breathe, I can't give up on the word HOPE, no matter what...........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, dear daughter, looking back on first comments, I need a lesson in spelling!! Every penny one spends on whatever charity you support for hunger, it counts! I love "Feed the Children", but that's just a person choice. Thanks for putting it out there in such a good format. Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteChris, I missed the poverty posting thing, dangit. But, trust me, it's staggering the amount of poverty down here. I was encouraged to attend the conference, but it is frustrating to have the perception that all of the effort seems way too little. Doing what you and others did to highlight the situation will help, so take heart. Good job!
ReplyDeleteHI Todd...Laurie was the one who got me into the poverty blogging mode...check out her site too...of course, she is into the Honduras end as you know, so gets what it's like there...I agree, as I said in my post, I'm frustrated too about the enormity of it all, but doesn't mean we have to stop trying...I don't think I'm really doing enough, but hopefully everyone together, doing something, it will add up!!!!!!!! Thanks for checking in!
ReplyDeletePS... Todd, just read your HTW article on the Conference on Honduras..you just took part in the real deal, so don't worry about missing the blog thing!
ReplyDelete