Wednesday, October 22, 2008

PLEASE....NO on Prop. 8!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you here in California....this is a repeat of an earlier post...we want to honor our friends and family who need your vote,  so that they can have the same rights as any of us....to openly and legally marry.  There have been many lies and misconceptions in recent ads for Yes on 8...no one is going to mess up your marriage or family, except for you...voting NO won't hurt you,  but will mean everything to someone else..........

6 comments:

  1. Its a shame that such a nation as ours still has great inequality. I don't live in California, but I am upset that blatant discrimination is still taking place with Prop 8 even being on the table.

    If one doesn't care for gay marriage, I have the solution: Don't marry someone of the same sex. Plain and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! I enjoy you input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your support!

    You can see my photos from the Yes on 8 parade in Salinas here:

    http://flickr.com/photos/fritzliess/sets/72157608188060132/detail/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris,

    I'm going to ad you to my blogroll as soon as I can (Blogrolling is down again).

    I'd like to give you some tips to grow your blog. We need more Monterey-area bloggers.

    First, set up accounts at Daily Kos and Pam's House Blend. There you can write diaries. Basically, just repurpose your blog essays (don't post the same content at both places 'cuz that's considered spamming) as a diary. Be sure to include a link back to your blog with the line "Crossposted at Chris' Rant and Raves" and you'll see dozens of people come to your blog (maybe even hundreds.

    Pam's House Blend is a great blog. I've been a "Blender" for many years and Pam features my stuff on her homepage several times a week.

    One bad thing about posting at Daily Kos is that you will get nasty trolls -- people who have nothing better to do than attack you for your views. Just ignore them. There will be hundreds more who will appreciate what you have to write.

    Another way to increase blog readership is to reference and trackback to other blogs. For example, write about something you read on Joe.My.God and use the trackback link he has from Haloscan. You can find this by clicking on the "Trackback" link associated with the post you're referencing.

    Then, go to Wizbangs trackback tool:

    http://tech.wizbangblog.com/ping.php

    You can use the form there to ping Joe's blog.

    I've been blogging on and off for seven years. My current blog gets about 250 visitors each day. Older versions of On the Fritz got 10 times that.

    Also, if you don't want to use Blogspot (which goes down all the time), I can set up a Movable Type blog for you on my blog network. It would be similar to the one I've set up for my brother.

    http://aberrantclone.blogrrr.com/

    Then, you'll have a more fully-featured blog. I'm willing to do this (it doesn't cost me anything and takes a few minutes) because I want to see more progressive local bloggers. Just let me know if you're interesrted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fritz,
    Give me a couple of days to take this in....you sound like you know what you are doing and I probably have lots of questions for you...for now you are making my brain fuzzy! Just got something on E-mail from a friend in Ghana and will send it to you if you don't mind. Thanks for your input!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps...fritz...had a friend at the Salinas march.......

    ReplyDelete